The Shadow (1940) was the ninth serial released by Columbia Pictures. It was based upon the classic radio series and pulp magazine character with the same name.
The Black Tiger, a mystery villain with the power to become invisible, attempts to take over the city. The Shadow stops him.
- Victor Jory as Lamont Cranston alias The Shadow. Victor Jory "visually and audibly conveyed the required image of Cranston (and the 'man of mystery') more credibly than any other actor of that time that can be brought to mind."
- Veda Ann Borg as Margo Lane. Borg played Margo Lane as brash and slightly cynical, in a departure from her urbane sophistication in the radio show and pulp magazines.
- Roger Moore as Harry Vincent
- Robert Fiske as Stanford Marshall, business leader
- J. Paul Jones as Mr. Turner, business leader
- Jack Ingram as Flint, chief thug
- Edward Peil Sr. as Inspector Joe Cardona
- Philip Ahn as Wu Yung
- Charles King as Henchman Russell
- Tom London as Driver of Hi-jacked Truck
Audio/Video Quality: B
DVD is NTSC format, Region 0 (region free) and playable world wide.
*This product is manufactured ON DEMAND using DVD-R recordable media. DVD-Rs (the "R" stands for "recordable") look like the discs you're used to and offer the same audio and image quality. This recordable media is used to manufacture titles on demand, as fully authorized by the content provider or the content is officially in public domain. By eliminating inventory, waste, and inefficiencies in the distribution system, on-demand manufacturing provides the added benefit of helping preserve the film and the environment. This is a Region-Free NTSC DVD. It is NOT a factory made DVD. There are NO refunds for this DVD. Only exchange for defective DVD and for the SAME TITLE only. For more information please visit our About Us page. Thank you.